Friday, February 21, 2014

Toddler Clothes Burst

I recently shared my first "burst" of energy -- ie using 15 minutes to accomplish one cleaning task. Today, I'm back to tell you about the burst of 15 minutes I spent in Hadley's room.

Since I technically spent about 20-25 minutes on the first project and about 5 minutes on the second, I'd say I reached the goal of 15 minutes each.

Cheating? Naw. My house, my rules. ;-)

With a growing little (or, NOT so little) guy, we regularly need to switch out Hadman's clothes. Of course, this regularly DOESN'T happen. So, his dresser starts to look like this --



That's a nearly-full bin of size 18-month clothes next to the dresser. He's comfortably in 24-month right now, so I went through his two drawers (the bottom is for sheets and blankies) to pull out too-small items and switch in some 24-month stuff we still had sitting around.

Ta-da!


By the way, I've totally gotta use one of my 15-minute bursts to take that changing pad off. He hasn't used it in, like, a year. Der. (And the cat toy is with its rightful owner...)

So, that burst took about 20+ minutes, which will sometimes happen. If I hadn't given myself the 15 minute goal, I would've spent 30+ minutes, and there would've been some crying over how big our baby has gotten. But, not the case. No tears this time. Just a speed-cleaning. Bam.

This also had one of those overlapping effects; our office went from clothes mountain to "whoa, there was a desk chair under there!" (So maybe I did 3 bursts in 30 minutes. Sweet!)


While I was at it, I organized the two under-crib bins that we use for the clothes that don't fit the munchkin quite yet. I always keep his next size (sigh...2T) in the one on the left and anything higher in the one on the right. That way, at a quick glance, I can see that he'll need undershirts or more pants for his next growth spurt. (BTW, isn't "burst" better than "spurt"? Yeah, I almost considered using that word instead. You're welcome, hee hee.) This system works SO well for us.


Another side note: Dave has been stock-piling some Woot shirts in the smallest size for AWHILE. Needless to say, we don't really need any shirts when he's in a 4T. This one's my favorite (others are eyebrow-raising...like the passed out Cookie Monster who's been on a milk and cookie binge...I laugh, but others may not) --
 


So, after about 30 minutes, Had's clothes are under control again. Ahhhh. Nice.

And maybe...just maybe Winston helped.


Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment