Thursday, September 26, 2013

Mesothelioma Awareness Day

You may be wondering why I'm writing on a non-Monday, Wednesday or Friday (my usual posting days).

Well, I received a sweet email from a kind blog reader named Heather who shared her harrowing story of cancer survival with me. Needless to say, I was touched. Who among us hasn't been touched by cancer of one form or another? So, when she asked if I'd help her get the word out about Mesothelioma Awareness Day today (and to spread some hope -- one grim prognosis and 7 years later, she is a survivor!)

Her goal is to reach 7,200 social media shares. Please help us out! :-)

Here's the link for her page on the Mesothelioma web site:



Knowing the exposure that my stepfather had to asbestos, through his work on construction sites and other plumbing projects, and that he's had a lung growth monitored for many years, this hits home for me (as it does to many others, I'm sure). Please take a moment to visit the site and especially check out her video. If it raises awareness, great! If nothing else, maybe it'll be just a simple pause and reminder to appreciate the good in your life.

Have a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment