Friday, October 31, 2014

Another Use for Pizza Dough

Happy Halloween, guys! On crazy nights like tonight, I tend to throw together something super quick. Sometimes pasta, sometimes soul and a sandwich, but most of the time pizza. I love pizza. It's seriously, like, my favorite. If Dave could have one food for the rest of his life, it'd be salad. (I'm not kidding.) Me? Pretty sure it'd be pizza.

Last week, I had these two whole wheat pizza doughs getting closer and closer to their "probably should just throw those out" dates in the freezer. And it got my gears going. What to do with them...other than pizza?

So, today's recipe is relatively simple. Honestly, it's as easy as you want to make it, or as complicated as you want. You can cook intricate stuff up to add as fillers, or you can just toss in some sauce and cheese and call it a day. You can take my tip to make your own garlic butter or just drizzle some EVOO on top. No big.

Oh, and I used one pizza dough for each recipe -- got four "calzones" (I'm not Italian, but Dave kept calling them calzones, so I'm going with that as a name) of the "pizza" kind and four "calzones" of the broccoli kind. They're more filling than you may think, so I ended up freezing a few for future lunches. Oh, and feel free to cut the pizza into 6 or even 8 pieces; just cook for less time (until browned on top). If you want huge ones, to two, but they'll probably cook closer to 20-25 minutes.

I've gotta say that the broccoli/ham/cheese one was insanely tasty. The pizza one was good, too, of course...but, yeah. Broccoli FTW! Who knew?

{If you need to see the recipe better, click on it. It'll open up much larger.}



Have fun out there and be safe tonight! :-) My favorite part is after the ghosts and goblins have headed home for the night. We'll most likely be popping some popcorn, pouring some cider, and watching some Charlie Brown. Loving that it's on Friday this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment