This week has been a bummer. I'm not sure why. Well, I kind of do, but some things are private...even in blogland. ;-) But, I'm counting my blessings and that's totally what counts.
Anyhoo. Along with the "currently"!
1. I'm working on my saving tactics, once again. The closer we get to possibly moving, and most likely paying far more than we currently do, I've gotta get control. Unfortunately, it's tough when your professional clothes need a major upgrade for the new school year.
Any suggestions on relatively inexpensive -- you know, $79 for a blouse ON SALE ain't a sale to me -- and practical/comfy/relatively not matronly (I'm a librarian...but....), give me a heads-up in the comments! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!
2. Ever try closing the parts of your brain that say "No. You can't do that. You're not good enough. Why are you even..." (you get the point)? I'm trying to do that. Hopefully by closing those doors, others will open that say, "Wow! You're cooler than I thought. How great!" We'll see.
3. Hadley was loving our season pass to the zoo this week! We went yesterday and it just frickin' rocked. Animals that weren't around last time were out, it wasn't too busy, the lions were SUPER close to the fence (SO EXCITING!), and the list of awesome goes on. There's a tiny building that has animal and nature specimens for kids to "examine" (along with a magnifying glass) that he discovered and I almost couldn't get him out. There was even a composter and other eco-lessons that reminded me why I'm so proud and happy to be raising such an animal-friendly little scientist. #thankswildkratts
4. I'm despising how I feel. Anyone else get seasonal mood disorder in the summer? I've realized it happens every. Single. Year. It's not full-blown depression (I know the depths of that well enough), which is encouraging, and it ebbs and flows throughout the summer. Like, isn't this supposed to be the happy, sunshiney part of life? Especially when I'm lucky enough to have summers "off" with my little man? If you're feeling me, comment. If not, skip over this one. ;-)
5. Since "throwing" Hadman's party, I'm "throwing" myself into my to-do list of house stuff. Er. "Throwing myself" may be too strong. "Gently sticking my toe into" the list might be better. Seriously, some of it's super simple and some is super complicated or time-intensive, so it can be overwhelming to think about sometimes.
One at a time. One at a time.
So, how're you all doing this week? Anything fun happening in your neck of the woods? Anyone else dealing with the summer doldrums or chores they don't want to do (or escaping to a zoo or other fun place)? Let's chat!
*Linking up at Harvesting Kale and Ot & Et (just her title is cracking me up this week...hee hee, Tony Danza).