Monday, March 11, 2013

Zombified

Did I just say that I had spring fever? I stand corrected. I now have "Up All Night syndrome + daylight savings hangover" fever. (BTW, I totally would've liked 'Up All Night' if they'd actually stuck with the concept of...y'know...parenting a new baby!!! Down the toilet. Sorry, Will Arnett. Thank goodness the 'Arrested Development' "extension" will be coming out soon to put you back in my good graces. As if you care. Although your '30 Rock' cameos will always have a warm place in my heart.)

I know folks today will be bitching up a storm today/this week about being tired, and I get that. I'm with you 100%. And everyone will be trying to outdo each other. That, I find obnoxious. We're all zombified, whether we worked the weekend or just had to get up early the first time this morning or had an almost-8-month-old with a thrown-off schedule decide he'd like 3-4 feedings throughout the night. We're all in the same boat, so complain all you'd like, but don't complain that others aren't entitled to it, too. ;-)

There, enough of my rant. It's strange what tired-colored-glasses do to you. I've heard people stumbling over their news scripts, students who were complete crickets when I asked a question (usually hard to get them to shut up), co-workers getting pulled over... For me, the exhaustion takes on more of a mild mental anxiety/depression. But, I'm fully aware that with great sleep/adjustment comes great relief. It'll get better.

I still can't wait to experience spring and summer with the little munchkin. Just let me nap for a few minutes first before goin' all Easter bunny on his arse. Just. A. Few.

*snort* By the way, anyone else notice that, be it from a weather change or be it from over-tiredness, your dreams get really, really weird? Or horrific? The hubs and I have been dealing with that lately. Anyone else? Anyone? Or are you all asleep on your keyboards?

No comments:

Post a Comment