My 30th birthday is coming up on the first of May. No, I'm not looking for presents (although, if anyone would like to shoot an iTunes or Lowe's gift card my way, I wouldn't object ;-D). I thought I'd check into my "30 Before 30" list to see how I've been doing. Come along, won't you?
6. Get some more Etsy goodies posted. I'd be fine if this happened after my 30th. I'm hoping my nesting instinct helps me create too much nursery art; surplus = Etsy sale. ;-)
9. Organize/clean out my laptop (pictures & iTunes -- need room for the baby's music, after all). Eh, not s'much. Not yet. This is one of those "I can probably work on this during my ninth month of pregnancy" procrastinations.
10. Do some major curb appeal work (spray paint the shutters, kill the ivy , paint the side door, paint the "porch", hang the numbers, plant some pretties) Hmm. ALL this stuff probably won't be happening before May 1st, but we'll see if I can get some...or ANY of it accomplished. ;-)
12. At least organize the craziness that is The Basement Monster. This one's kind of reliant upon us finally picking out some cheap paint to do the walls. It's totally waiting on us. Sorry, Basement Monster!
14. Get a hairstyle. Hmm. Wonder if I want to go short or just medium-length layered. Idears?
15. Make some paper cranes (or other awesome origami art). I've got some ideas, but am currently working on a different mobile project...and I've found some art ideas to "recreate" - e.g. steal - to use in the nursery. I <3 Pinterest.
16. Do some painting...not in the home improvement way.
17. REDO. THE. BATHROOM. (And I MEAN it!) (I'm workin' on it!) And today is my continued spring cleaning endeavors, so hopefully I can work in there Thursday or Friday. It's tough to go gung-ho because I tend to overdo it, then need a break, lather - rinse - repeat.
18. Learn how to use a plain ol' digital camera in the best way possible.
21. Make some DIY soap -- be it hand soap or laundry soap. I'm thinking of, in terms of simplicity, try to find a DIY diaper soap recipe that we can use; otherwise, I'll just try to keep it green (as we currently do). It's hard to find ingredients that are okay and don't cancel out the warranty on cloth dipes.
22. Go through all my dust-collecting books and donate/sell what I'll never read/didn't like.
23. Go some place new with the hubs. (Does a new restaurant, along with some great friends, count?)
24. Plan a smaller, but manageable garden. Planting will have to occur well after May 1st. We also need to amend the soil in our two raised beds since they've become kitty potties for our beloved backyard cats. *sigh*
25. Pick some baby names that we both can live with. (It'd be nice if we both LOVED them, but live with is the current goal.) Working on it...still!
26. Set up Amazon Affiliate. Dude. I'm just happy that we finally set up our two registries!
27. Take a road trip. I foresee this happening in the next month or so... (This got pushed back another month.)
28. Find enough room to actually be able to have every piece of my wardrobe put away simultaneously. Then follow through. We're definitely "getting there" on this one...
29. Reupholster the wine chair and slipcover/paint the ottoman. I may work on this one after May 1st - it relies a lot on a) my energy level and b) the weather outside.
Twelve outta thirty...hmm, not even half. Admittedly, a handful of these won't get done - but I'm happy to let some slide over to an "ongoing project" status. But, seriously, doesn't a list make everything better? Even when everything doesn't get done (again, let's not cry over it, m'kay? Life's too short), being able to check stuff off is invigorating. Speaking of which, I'd better get back to my spring cleaning list!