Friday, July 8, 2011

Just Checking In

Sorry, guys, that I haven't been writing a lot lately. There are lots of reasons, from the crazy first week of summer school to theater issues to working on my sister's baby shower (which is tomorrow!). But, in all honesty, the biggest reason I haven't written is because I've been going through some self-confidence issues. It's really challenging to motivate oneself to write something that people will actually want to read when you're feeling quite a lot like mud.

It's not like I don't have things to tell you about. We've got some news around this place, after all. Like, a new family member! Well, yes, my sister's having a baby, but in our household, we got a new personality that we're all getting used to having. I'll report more on that soon - with pictures. ;-)

For now, I'm trying to figure out how to find my confidence (it's easy to say "Don't give others the ability to control your confidence, whether they add to or take away", but incredibly challenging to apply). I'll be putting my attention to things that I can do for myself, that make me happy, and that may benefit others. It should turn out to be an enlightening summer - I hope. So, just checking in and letting you know I'm still alive...and that I WILL be writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment