Sooooooooo, welcome to the first (and possibly only) edition oooofffff Randomonium!!! The only game show host-y review of some random crap I've got floating around the ol' noggin with no bearing on anything important or relevant to AAAANNNNYYYONE!!!
Random #1: If I had to take a course in Google+ I'd be failing. I just can't wrap my head around the circles and the general mayhem goin' on up in therrre. I'm sure it will probably be the replacement to Facebook, some day, so I'd better get a move-on, but seriously? Ain't nobody got time for that.
Random #2a: Two things that will never get old? "Ain't nobody got time for that." (See Rando #1.) and, of course, hashtags. #sarcasmrocks #almostasfunnyasanthonyweinerjokes #doyouevernoticethatitseemslikepeoplegooutoftheirwaytomakesuperdeeduperlonghashtagsimeanreallywhatsthepointwhydonttheyjustgettheirownblogandwritetheirlifestoryitdbewayeasiertoreadandlesstaxingontheeyesdoesanyoneelsethinkthatweregoingtohavemajorvisionissueswhenwegetolderthankstothesedangcomputersandphonescreensandsoforthbutidigresswherewasigoingwiththis
Random #2b: You know when commercials catch onto the hashtag thang, it's only a matter of time before the funeral. Which is a little sad because they can actually be funny...on occasion...when done right. #herelieshashtag #weknewhimwhen #oncegoodforfindingthemainidea #alsogoodforaddinghumortoacomment #lostallrelevence #overusefail
Random #3a: I am enamored with all things British royalty. Who knew? I think my husband wanted to disown me while I was eagerly awaiting (unlike 98% of the rest of the world; I really think about 2% of us were thrilled beyond words; the rest wanted the "Great Kate Wait" to just not be covered, which I get) the birth of Prince George. C'mon, Wills and Kate are just the cutest little couple EVER, they're my age (which makes me think that we could all be BFFs and hang out at a local pub...not really), and it's just good to focus on something positive, for once. Given the unseemly history of the royals over the years (and I don't even mean the whole Charles' affair thing), it's better than massive beheadings and poisoning your brother for the throne, amiright?! Side note: Louis...Lewis? Or Lewy? I should've placed bets; I got it right. (It's Lewy.)
Random #3b: My iPhone case is the red "Keep Calm and Carry On" graphic. That is all.
Random #4: Groundhog...or woodchuck? Split the difference: ground chuck. I did this completely accidentally when I was about 12. While driving with my mother, I spotted a groundhog and blurted out, "Oh, look!! A ground chuck!" She laughed heartily and never let it go. Of course, this was also the day that we went to a movie and saw one of those pre-movie images of an old movie -- and read "African Queen" as "A Fricken Queen". I've since seen the movie and loved it. One of maybe two or three films featuring Bogart that I can stand to sit through.
Random #5: Speaking of woodchuck...I love me some Woodchuck. No, not roadkill. (I don't hunt, either.) Woodchuck Hard Cider, of course! It happens to be made in our favorite home-away-from-home, Middlebury, VT. One day, when the little one's older, we're SO going to do a brewery visit. I mean, if we did Magic Hat during our honeymoon, the least we could do is visit my favorite cidery. Wait, is that a word?
Random #6: What's more random than Jasper...admiring my clam chowder...and taking to Instagram with it...and my hubby responded. (Side note: Marry someone who can make you laugh. Consequently, marry someone who is hard to make laugh. Early on, when we were first dating and I made him laugh uncontrollably, it gave me the best feeling in the world to think, "This guy never laughs...and I'm making him cry-laugh. Either he really likes me or I'm just that good." Either way, win-win.)