Of course, the other "big" thing about May is the simple fact that...well...I turned 30. Yep, only a few days into May and I've already fit my birthday snugly into the schedule. May 1st was the big day, to be specific, and between the hubs treating me like a queen and some friends checking in, it was a pretty darn good day. Of course, the major heartburn and slight nausea didn't help, but if nothing else it grounded me. ;-)
So, this also means that my "deadline" for my 30 Before 30 has passed. I really thought I heard a huge, old-school game show buzzer go off in my head and everything. I'll admit: I didn't get 'em all done. There are several reasons, but let's see how I did, shall we?
6. Get some more Etsy goodies posted. I was admittedly okay with not getting this done by the big 3-0, in hopes that my nesting instinct would work towards this. HOWEVER, I'd consider this one at least halfway done. I ordered some high quality prints of some photography I've always been proud of, so I just need to write up my posts and we'll be in business! Pretty good for lacking in the energy department. :-)
9. Organize/clean out my laptop (pictures & iTunes -- need room for the baby's music, after all). Eh, not s'much. Not yet. This is one of those "I can probably work on this during my ninth month of pregnancy" procrastinations. BUT, I did completely empty out my old tablet computer to pass along to my father-in-law, which was quite the task (as well as a trip on the ol' way-back machine).
10. Do some major curb appeal work (spray paint the shutters, kill the ivy , paint the side door, paint the "porch", hang the numbers, plant some pretties) Nope. None of this got done. Lots of it had to do with bad weather. At least we've got our deck relatively ready for folks to hang out. :-)
12. At least organize the craziness that is The Basement Monster. This one's kind of reliant upon us finally picking out some cheap paint to do the walls. It's totally waiting on us. Sorry, Basement Monster!
14. Get a hairstyle. Up in the air on this one...and it seems a tad frivolous right now. I've got lots more on my mind (like, y'know, baby names...baby classes...the baby's room...and about a million other things, many baby-related - running theme much?) I'm fine with switching this out for other priorities.
15. Make some paper cranes (or other awesome origami art). I've got some ideas, but am currently working on a different mobile project...and I've found some art ideas to "recreate" - e.g. steal - to use in the nursery. I <3 Pinterest. So, again, this one's being "switched".
16. Do some painting...not in the home improvement way. This has been another frivolous possibility. *sigh*
17. REDO. THE. BATHROOM. (And I MEAN it!) (I'm workin' on it!) When the energy strikes me, I promise, I'll be sanding/painting up a storm in there.
18. Learn how to use a plain ol' digital camera in the best way possible. Eh, what better way to practice than on a baby? ;-)
22. Go through all my dust-collecting books and donate/sell what I'll never read/didn't like. Hmm...gotta get on this one. We DO need more space.
24. Plan a smaller, but manageable garden. Planting will have to occur well after May 1st. We also need to amend the soil in our two raised beds since they've become kitty potties for our beloved backyard cats. *sigh* So, this has been delayed until we know the weather is settled.
25. Pick some baby names that we both can live with. (It'd be nice if we both LOVED them, but live with is the current goal.) Working on it...still!
26. Set up Amazon Affiliate. Dude. I'm just happy that we finally set up our two registries!
27. Take a road trip. This has been put off several times, so a short one will have to do. But, honestly, other much more important, family-related occurrences have taken priority, so it's all good.
29. Reupholster the wine chair and slipcover/paint the ottoman. This is another one that relies a lot on a) my energy level and b) the weather outside. We'll git 'er done! But, again, I have a different priority: the dresser that will work as storage and a changing table in the nursery.
I'm thinking of revamping my list a bit to replace the items on the list that were frivolous or just didn't mean as much to me. If it meant a lot, I would've done it, I suppose - right? Then there are those that I'll just keep plugging away on (y'know...like baby names ;-)). Keepin' it simple, keepin' it simple. And I'm continuing with the list mostly because they a) keep me somewhat accountable and b) organize me. :-)
Ending on a good note, we'll have a tad more "yay, I'm 30!" festivities this upcoming weekend with some close friends (some of those friends including family - isn't it great when you can put them in both "categories"??), then baby and I will be "showered" next weekend - just in time for Mother's Day! It's looking to be an uplifting month.